Exactly what is Bug Sweeping and TSCM?
Today, almost anyone, anywhere can very easily and affordably acquire surveillance equipment (BUGS) that can be utilized to watch you, listen to you and track your movements and actions. Technical Surveillance Countermeasures (TSCM), or commonly called bug sweeps, assist both business and individuals alike to protect their privacy. There are a lot of TSCM investigators out there, it is vital that you utilize trained and experienced detectives in your bug sweeps.
Why might you need to hire a TSCM specialist?
If you think someone is spying on you then there may be a good chance that someone IS SPYING ON YOU. Unfortunately in today’s ever growing world of technology, bugging, spying, eavesdropping and surveillance is more common, more affordable and easier than ever. It can be done for any number of reasons, by a complete stranger or someone you know very well, an ex-spouse or partner, a snoopy neighbor, landlord or anyone else.
- Suspicious spouses or partners often plant electronic surveillance devices in their own homes in order to gather evidence for upcoming legal matters such as divorce, child custody or child support.
- If you are involved in any current litigation your opposition may very well utilize these type of surveillance tactics to gather information about you, your family, your business and your friends to help their case.
- Hidden cameras have been found in rented homes planted by creepy old landlords to spy on their tenants.
- Business offices are often targeted and bugged by competitors in an attempt to obtain valuable information and trade secrets.
- When was the last time you used your debit or credit card or gave your checking account information over the phone to pay a bill or purchase something? Identity theft is becoming more and more extremely prevalent and the bad guys are learning ways to use bugs to obtain your personal information.
What types of Surveillance / Bugs should I be worried about?
There are many types of bugs out there, and any good TSCM investigator will conduct his / her Bug Sweep in search of the following items to ensure a thorough Counter Surveillance sweep is conducted.
- WIFI Analysis and Sweep
- Bluetooth Analysis and Sweep
- Radio Frequency Broadcast Sweep
- VLF Sweep (Very Low Frequency)
- Electrical Wiring Sweep
- Telephony Sweep
- RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) Sweep
- Electronic Video Transmissions Sweep
- Physical Video Device Search
- Physical Bug Search
One of the most important portions of a Bug Sweep, or Technical Surveillance Counter Measures investigation is the Physical Bug Search. Many times the eavesdropping device found is what is commonly called a DROP device. This is something that can be easily dropped anywhere, or given to a child or placed in a corner, closet, drawer etc. and never look suspicious. These type of device require the perpetrator to drop them and then retrieve them to obtain the audio or video data, but many times they can be placed in items an unsuspecting individual such as a child may carry with them. This portion of the bug sweep is the most time consuming and requires a trained eye and special equipment to do visual inspections with.
Common Spy Bugs & Surveillance Devices
Hidden cameras: Very small cameras are easy to find, cheap to purchase and can be hidden anywhere and disguised as just about anything from stuffed animals, power outlets, children’s toys, rocks, flowers you name it. Sometimes these are stationary (DROP) devices that just record onto memory on the device and sometimes they transmit an electronic signal to a receiver, or across broadband, wifi, Bluetooth or other technological data transfer means.
Wiretap: A wiretap is a device used to intercept telephone communications through a standard, digital or business telephone line.
Audio Surveillance: Mini and miniature microphone devices can be placed in just about any area to monitor and record communications. Similar to cameras, these can be hidden just about anywhere now and disguised as something as harmless as a clock, pen, flower, or just about anything you can imagine. These as well may be simple (DROP) devices that record to memory, or they may be transmitting audio across any number of media transfer methods such as wifi, radio signal, internet, Bluetooth, etc.
Contact EVCO Investigations (970-673-5719) should you have any suspicions or concerns that someone is compromising your privacy or the privacy of your business or company. Our TSCM Investigators are trained, licensed, insured and bonded and able to conduct a timely Bug Sweep for you or your company.
~ John L. Morris
A Northern Colorado, licensed and insured, Greeley Private Investigator
Call today for your 100% FREE Private Investigator Consultation (970) 673-5719
* EVCO LLC, EVCO Investigations, John Morris and the author of any of our articles, posts and pages do not present any information on this website as legal advice or any other advice in particular. All postings, writings, and pages on this website are for informational use only and everyone is encouraged to always seek professional and legal advise in all matters.
** All articles are copyright protected upon posting and subject to federal copyright protection laws.